Now, you may have noticed that the global economy isn’t exactly doing well. There’s war. Starvation. All sorts of bad, scary things going on.
So–just for today–how about sharing 7 things that you’re thankful for?
This can be about books, sure–authors you appreciate, books you love, an ode to your public library–but also, how about other things, too? Because in times like these, with bills piling up and disaster seemingly lurking around every corner, it’s more important than ever to stop and take stock of the things we’re grateful for. Family. Friends. Good health (I hope). Coffee and tea. Turkey. Sunshine. Wagging tails. Curling up with a good book.
So, how about it? Spread a little positive thinking and tell the world what there is to be thankful for.
1. I’m thankful for Hamburger (who is currently asleep on the couch, despite the fact that dinner is still 5 hours away), because he let’s me be me.
2. I’m thankful for books, because they give me places to go and people to see, even when I’m not traveling.
3. I’m thankful for moms who like to cook Thanksgiving dinner, so I don’t have to.
4. I’m thankful for Thanksgiving, because I have 5 days off work (sometimes it’s the little things that make you happy).
5. I’m thankful for whoever it was who invented the internets (not Al Gore), so I can stay in touch with all of my internet friends.
6. I’m thankful for you (yes, you), because you read my blog and leave wonderful comments.
7. And finally, I’m thankful I’m not a turkey.
Happy Thanksgiving to all you Americans out there.
And Happy Thursday to everyone!