I wasn’t going to join anymore challenges, but then Trish from Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin’? came up with the O.A.T.E.S. Challenge:
O – Joyce Carol Oates
A – Margaret Atwood
T – Leo Tolstoy
E – Ernest Hemingway
S – John Steinbeck
And since I’m already 1 1/2 books into this, I figure, why not?
Per Trish, here are the rules/details:
- The challenge goes from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010.
- Anyone can participate! You do not need a blog!
- Challenge books can overlap with other challenges.
- You do not need to pick your books in advance.
- You can change levels mid-challenge!
- Instant OATES – 1 book
- Old Fashioned OATES – 2 books
- Rolled OATES – 3 books
- Steel Cut OATES – 4 books
- Whole OATES – 5+ books
Last weekend I read The Penelopiad, by Margaret Atwood and I’m currently reading Steinbeck’s East of Eden. I have a book by Hemingway sitting on the shelf, as well as Anna Karenina (not that I’m committing to finishing it). So I’m definitely planning on Old Fashioned OATES, although Steel Cut OATES (my favorite) is not out of the question.