It’s Halloween! That means it’s time for…
I bet you thought I was going to say candy. Hah! It’s the end of the month, so it’s time to gather up everyone’s thoughts on our monsters. To refresh everyone’s memories, this year we had H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu (my choice, and admittedly, a bad one) duking it out against H.G. Wells’s Dr. Moreau (Heather’s choice).
So we’ve had all month to read the books (okay, short stories) and post our reviews and declare our winners (for those who read both). Here’s the gang who read my choice (for a round-up of the Dr. Moreau reviews, please pop over to Heather’s blog):
- Trisha, who actually wanted it to be longer
- Kailana, who I know read it, but damned if I can find her thoughts on it (sorry!)
- Nick, who included a most awesome pic of Cthulhu
- Srivalli, who points out how inspirational Cthulhu has been
- Bev, who is a traitor
- Erin, who resorted to definitions (which is totally awesome)
- Heather, my lovely co-host, who, OF COURSE, liked her choice better
- me, who just wants the slippers
Thanks to everyone who joined us this year…I’ll try to pick a better (worse?) monster next year. Consensus seems to be that Cthulhu was a pretty scary slimeball, even if Lovecraft kinda sucked as a writer. Wells turned out to be (mostly) the preferred author, although some of us felt he was just as uninspiring as Lovecraft. It was kind of a bad year for monsters. Sorry Charlies.
But, as promised, one lucky participant shall receive this lovely parting gift:
Trisha! Yay! Look for this cutie to arrive in your mailbox soon (slime not included).